4 McKinlay Lane, Bassendean
RENOVATED CHARACTER HOME & GARDEN
This one is a real surprise, when you enter the property from McKinlay Lane you step into a secluded garden that leads to a truly wonderful home with a very unique atmosphere that makes you want to sit on the beautiful veranda under an ancient wisteria and write a book while looking out into a serene citrus grove (oranges, lemons, limes and mandarins) all set in a beautifully manicured lawn with a winding brushed red brick path meandering through it….and from somewhere you can smell jasmine.
The walk up the side path to the backyard is a magical mystery tour that leads you to another beautiful garden, from this vantage point you see this very quaint period weatherboard home as it would have been seen in its heyday, pale grey weatherboard and glossy white details all lovingly restored to its former glory.
That veranda beckons you back and leads us inside to a modernised open plan interior that has jarrah floorboards throughout, a cool modern kitchen that uses the old Kooka stove recess as a pantry…there's a little breakfast bar and a really sweet dining area that looks out across the veranda one way and into the classic lounge room with big brick open fireplace, picture rails and period ceiling rosettes.
The rest of the house reflects the loving care and style of the current owners who have made this property sparkle like the day it was built but with all the modern conveniences thrown in, air-conditioning, two modern bathrooms one is the ensuite to the master bedroom that also has built in robes, the other more compact bathroom services the second bedroom.
The entrance has special country lane feel with a wooden fence and a massive double garage. You won’t want to leave once you walk through the gate…a really special home indeed. The current owner speaks of their daughter riding her bike everywhere and of the whole family walking down to the Bassendean café strip for breakfast or the Bassendean Pub for a counter lunch on the weekend…what a life?
Added to these great features is the excellent location, the beautiful upper Swan River is a pleasant walk from your front door and Bassendean Central with fabulous eateries, schools, nature walks, great public transport options, the Guildford shopping district is nearby too with more cafés and antique shopping to die for! All this is on the doorstep of the unbelievably beautiful Swan Valley, with wineries, fresh produce, lush pastureland and the glorious river linking it all.
• Circa 1941 character cottage
• Polished Jarrah floor boards throughout
• Open plan living area that extends out to a deck area
• LED downlights to kitchen and dining
• Modern kitchen with dishwasher & extractor hoods
• Split system A/C and ceiling fans to bedrooms and living area
• Open fireplace with wood combustion pot belly to living area
• Freshly painted and renovated throughout
• Rewired, reclad and re stumped
• Large covered deck overlooking secluded garden
• Established gardens with mature fruit trees
• Laneway access with driveway parking for 2 vehicles
• 6x6m double garage plus separate garden shed
• New solar hot water system
• Garden retic and landscaping
• Water tank
• Council rates approximately $1678 per year
• Water rates approximately $946 per year
For more information or to view this property please do not hesitate to contact Kelly Jones on 0413 147 393 or (08) 9377 3336.