Tenant Maintenance Plan

Maintenance Plans for Tenants

If something at the property needs repair or maintenance, it’s your legal responsibility to let us know within 72 hours. Your Property Manager will respond as soon as practicable, and will usually have one of our contractors contact you to arrange a time to attend. Please keep in mind that basic maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, is your responsibility as a tenant.

Bassendean office  9377 3336 or Ellenbrook office 6383 7444.  Office hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm. Or email your property manager

The following situations are not classified as emergency repairs and must be reported to the us during normal office hours.

  • Blocked toilets (only when there is a second unblocked toilet on the premises)
  • Hot Water system going hot and cold.  (If it is a gas hot water system, check that the pilot light is on)
  • Stove/oven not working
  • Air-Conditioning/Heaters not working
  • General repairs and maintenance
  • Blocked pipes, shower, kitchen sink – not affecting toilets
  • Trouble with the reticulation system
  • Leaking taps
  • Pest control, such as ants, mice, rats, cockroaches, flies, silverfish, earwigs etc, is the initial responsibility of the tenants and the owner is not obliged to pay for treatment.

In relation to problems with ants, mice, rats and cockroaches, it is recommended that you purchase treatments such as pest bombs and/or baits from the supermarket, and ensure that you place them in strategic locations to prevent re-infestation.

Emergency Plan for Tenants

For emergency repairs outside of normal office hours, please refer to our emergency procedures noted below. 

An emergency is defined as something that may harm someone or cause further damage to the property if left unattended. Listed below is information on situations that are classified as an emergency and instructions on how to deal with the emergency.

In case of an emergency between Monday and Friday 9.00am–5.00pm, please call our Bassendean office  9377 3336 or Ellenbrook office 6383 7444 or your Property Manager directly. If the emergency is outside of these hours please follow this recommended course of action. Please note that if it is not deemed an emergency you will be responsible for the payment of the account.

Burst Water Pipe

Turn the water off at the mains IMMEDIATELY, then contact:

Water Corporation 13 13 85

On Tap Plumbing 1800 882 249

Power Lines Fallen Down

Contact Western Power immediately: 13 13 51

Gas Leak

You may contact directly one of the below listed Plumbers:

Alinta Gas 131 358

On Tap Plumbing 1800 882 249

Electrical Problem That May Cause Harm

Bara Electrical & Air Con Services 6206 6899

Lost Keys or Keys Locked Inside House

You may contact a locksmith directly; however the tenant is responsible for payment of the account.

Lighthouse Locksmiths 9455 3083

Break In & Damage to Glass

Contact the Police and report the break in. The Police will give you a Police report number and this is very important for your record. Without obtaining the Police report number, the cost of replacing the glass will be invoiced to you If there is any other damage to the property besides glass damage, this must be reported to Jones and Co Property the next working day You may contact the following recommended glaziers to secure the property:

Prompt Glass  08 9330 5555

You may instruct the Glazier to forward the account directly to Jones and Co Property. If the glass breakage is the result of an act attributable to yourself or a police report number cannot be provided; you may call the Glazier to repair the broken glass; however payment of the invoice must be made by yourself

Impact to Building By a Vehicle

If injury to another person you may decide to call an Ambulance on 000

Call the Police and obtain a Police report number

Call SES (State Emergency Service) on 1300 130 039

If there is any electrical damage, call the electrician and, only if safe, turn the power off at the mains

Severe Storm Damage

If injury to another person you may decide to call an Ambulance on 000

Call SES (State Emergency Service) on 1300 130 039. If there are any burst water pipes, turn the water off at the mains, call the Plumber listed above. If there is any electrical damage, where safe, turn the power off at the mains, call the Electrician listed above and if there is structural damage to the house, flooding or electrical problems, do not stay in the house.

Scroll to Top