26 Harris Road Caversham WA 6055
HighlightsNestled in cul-de-sac tranquillity in the heart of our picturesque Swan Valley and the only acreage in the area that neighbours the magnificent Mandoon Estate as well as backing on to beautiful Swan River waters, the “Mandalay” is an irrigated local icon of a 28.8-acre (approx.) equestrian estate with a stunning 5 bedroom 3 bathroom homestead of which some of its foundations are almost two centuries old.
The property includes a Veterinary Clinic Lease Area that was inspired by well-known local vet, Sid Richards, who was the original owner of the estate in 1829, before it was taken over by Nick Bowen some years later – himself living here only recently, right up into his 90s. It comprises of 22 reticulated paddocks, a 3.34-acre (approx.) polo arena that is sure to attract locals being in the heart of polo country, the “Irongate” horse-walker arena, a tack room, a perimeter training/work track for horses, multiple stables, several gates for peace of mind, a self-contained 2x1 “flat” that is separate from the main house , four olive trees that are still intact from almost 200 years ago and two rural water licenses.
There is ample parking space for events and entertaining, whilst the residence itself offers quality modern family living and affords you the perfect work-life balance for those seeking a very profitable business opportunity. The rear of the home plays host to a shimmering 25-metre solar-heated swimming pool – as well as a fabulous poolside alfresco – that allows you to relax whilst escaping to serenity.
Internally, the floor plan boasts two separate living areas, a versatile study-come-fifth bedroom, a sumptuous master ensuite and a massive enclosed indoor-outdoor alfresco space where bi-folding doors leading out to the pool, multiple skylights, a burning wood fireplace with an original stone feature, soaring high cathedral-style ceilings, three fans, integrated audio speakers and external access to the front garden meet servery windows and a spectacular “second” kitchen with sparkling granite finishes, glass splashbacks, a sink, an ice machine, two Vintec drinks fridges, a commercial-grade Condor range hood, a Luus barbecue and a wood-fire pizza oven to impress your guests with. There is also a triple carport attached the house, ample driveway parking preceding it and plenty of extra spa for vehicles across the acreage – including another three-car carport (plus additional covered parking) attached to the vet centre.
The definition of rural splendour awaits you here, within walking distance of Mandoon Estate and close to other restaurants, wineries and breweries found in the valley, seconds from major arterial roads and within arm's reach of everything else you could ever want or need – shopping centres, schools (such as La Salle College) and the Midland town centre included. Amazing is an understatement here – this is simply one of a kind!
Other features include, but are not limited to;
- Leafy river views across to the lovely Reg Bond Reserve from the back of the property
- Pitched portico entrance
- Open-plan family/dining/kitchen area with high cathedral-style ceilings, tiled splashbacks, granite bench tops, ample cupboard storage, a floating island breakfast bar for casual meals, stylish light fittings, splendid garden views, double sinks, a water-filter tap, a stainless-steel range hood, an integrated LG microwave, an Ilve five-burner gas cooktop/oven and a stainless-steel Fisher and Paykel half-dishwasher drawer
- Solid timber floors to bedrooms
- Deluxe master suite with high angled ceilings, garden access, huge separate “his and hers” walk-in wardrobes and a stunning ensuite bathroom, comprising of a rain shower, a separate toilet and twin granite vanities
- Gorgeous French door to separate the minor sleeping quarters where a spacious games/activity/kids' retreat room with lush views services a powder room, a stylish main bathroom (with a shower, separate bathtub and twin vanities), a 2nd bedroom with built-in robes, high angled ceilings and sprawling views to wake up to and a large 3rd bedroom with BIR's and a leafy aspect of its own
- 4th or “guest” bedroom suite with BIR's, pool and lawn views and semi-ensuite access into a “third” bathroom consisting of a shower, toilet and a French door leading out to the pool area at the rear
- Large 5th bedroom-come-home office with tiled flooring, built-in storage and a lovely garden outlook
- Huge functional laundry with heaps of storage, adjacent to a handy internal shopper's entry door via the side triple carport
- High storage capacity throughout – built-in double linen cupboards everywhere
- Ducted and zoned reverse-cycle air-conditioning
- Security-alarm system
- Audio-intercom system servicing most of the property
- Feature down lighting and stepped ceiling cornices to the main house
- Tiled skirting and flooring
- Security doors
- Bottled gas to property
- Separate 2x1 “flat” – the ideal accommodation for horse workers – with an external laundry, an adjacent gym, pergola and lawn area, a study nook, two tiled bedrooms with BIR's, a central bathroom with a shower, toilet and vanity and a tiled open-plan living/meals area featuring a gas-upright cooker, a storage pantry and split-system air-conditioning for all-seasons' comfort
- Split-system air-conditioning to the veterinary clinic also, along with living quarters, a kitchenette/bedroom (with a shower, toilet and vanity to its private ensuite bathroom), a storeroom, a roller door revealing the old operating area, several additional rooms and ample storage options – including a tractor port – nearby
- The company of ducks and birdlife to enjoy
- Palm trees
- Entry ponds
- Lush green lawns and manicured reticulated gardens surrounding the homestead
- Additional three-car garage with extra double carport on property
- Visitor bay for horses
- Building size 197sqm
- Landsize 11.845sqm
- Council rates $11,719.54
- Water rates $264.36 (per metre annually approx)